Hey guys, hope you are all having a great week!
Today I decided to use up the sweet potatoes in the kitchen and make a healthy version of sweet potato fries. By healthy, I mean baking as an alternative to frying in oil.
I decided to leave the skin on the potatoes as that is where most of the nutrients are. (I suggest you do this with all vegetables you cook with, do not want to waste any nutrients)
- Preheat oven to 450 degrees
- Slice the potatoes into desired size
- In a bowl, mix the potato with a small amount of olive oil, black pepper, garlic salt, onion salt, chili powder, italian seasoning, oregano and a small amount of cayenne pepper depending on desired spice.
- Make sure to coat all potato with seasonings.
- Next place potatoes on a lined baking sheet
- Bake for 25-30 minutes. Test with fork to see if finished.
I also found online a healthy dipping sauce for these fries:
Greek yogurt, any diced peppers and a little lime juice.
Or a homemade guacamole dip I recently found:
Greek yogurt, lime juice, diced avocado, diced tomato, parsley, black pepper, diced jalapeno
Maybe give these a try as a healthy, alternative snack! Enjoy 🙂